Welcome

Thanks for checking out my Ottawa Fire Service Blog. It's my way of sharing my pictures, thoughts and idea's about Canada's Capital fire protection. Please feel free to comment on anything you see or read. Insights and corrections are always welcome. Enjoy!

Friday, March 13, 2009

Hydro Sub Station Fire - March 13, 2009





My roommate called me to his window, and told there was a fire downtown. When I saw a huge lomb up, I was out the door with digi cam in hand. I headed east on the 417 towards the huge cloud of smoke. I got off the Queensway at Montreal Rd, and was met by a huge volume of traffic. The fire was at the Hydro Sub Station on Shefford Rd, near Canotek. I made my way to an area north of the fire, and was able to get a few pictures of crews working. When I arrived the fire was still rolling, however, the two tower ladders (L51 and L53) made short work of the fire. Crews also used a few large hand lines to bring the beast under control.

No comments: